JOB TITLE: KLVB Intern
DEPARTMENT: Keep Lowndes-Valdosta Beautiful
JOB SUMMARY: Performs various program planning tasks by assisting in coordinating special events for KLVB and providing other office support functions.
- Update and maintain volunteer database.
- Update and maintain KLVB web site and Facebook page.
- Expand the social media presence of the organization.
- Assist in the planning, promotion, and volunteer recruitment for KLVB special events (cleanups, recycling events, etc.).
- Assists in preparing briefs, summaries, wrap-up reports, fact sheets and other data required for program planning by KLVB.
- Assists in preparing press releases, public service announcements and other event marketing materials.
- Performs related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Self starter with demonstrated efficiency and ability to handle details.
- Poised, persuasive, articulate, creative ability.
- Good volunteer management.
- Familiarity with media, volunteer network, corporate structure.
- Skill in operation of computer (Microsoft Office products), printer, fax machine, copier, calculator, telephone, etc.
- High energy level.
SUPERVISION: The KLVB Executive Director and KLVB Senior Intern gives direction by setting overall objectives and resources available. Completed work is reviewed for compliance with instructions and procedures and for accuracy.
COMPLEXITY: The work consists of related clerical and administrative duties. The special events being planned contribute to the complexity of the work.
SCOPE AND EFFECT: The purpose of this position is to provide administrative and special event support to KLVB. Successful performance contributes to the smooth and efficient operation of KLVB.
PERSONAL CONTACTS: Contacts are with the KLVB. Executive Director, KLVB Board Members, Community Volunteers, County Manager, County Commissioners, City Manager, Mayor, City Council Members, Civic Leaders, Educational Leaders and Teachers, Business and Industry Leaders, and general public.
PURPOSE OF CONTACTS: Contacts are to give and exchange information, recruit volunteers, organize events, and provide services.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The work requires sitting, standing, bending, walking, and carrying reasonably light objects. Must be able to lift at least 30 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work is typically performed in an office or professional business setting. May require visits to schools, government offices, and various places of business. Job requires occasional Saturday work (special events only).
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY: None
HOURS PER WEEK: 10
TIME COMMITMENT: Beginning of Spring 2018 - End of Spring 2019